Credit Card Fraud - How to Protect Yourself
It seems no matter where you look, fraud is making the news. If you carry an IEG FCU VISA credit or debit card you can rest easy. We take your business very seriously and do everything possible to safeguard your accounts.
What can you do to protect yourself? Here are some tips to reduce your risk:
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Sign your cards as soon as you receive them.
- Do not keep your PIN number with your cards.
- Treat your cards as you would cash. Do not leave them unattended.
- Make sure that you get your cards back after every purchase.
- Never give your account number over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- Know the approximate delivery date of your card statements and check it for transactions that you did not complete.
- Keep records of all card account numbers, expiration dates, lines of credit and phone numbers in a secure location.
- Never dispose of card receipts or statements without shredding, tearing up, or blacking out account numbers.
- Close all unused card accounts and cut unwanted cards into several pieces before disposing of them.
- Be sure the Internet merchant has proper security measures in place. If you are not sure, call them instead.
With IEG FCU's fraud controls and your own safety measures you'll be a difficult target for fraud - together we can reduce your risk!